The folks at ComicBook.com raised a few questions about the NEW Krptonian Armor/Costume. However, they neglected to provide any answers to these questions!
So here at SOS, We are here with some answers for you!
(Q#1) Can the costume change color? It was originally white, and then changed to red, blue, and yellow when Superman put it on. Why did it change? Will he be able to make it change color at will? For example, if Superman decided to go deer hunting, might we see a camouflage costume?
Answers after the jump:
A) The costume can in fact change color! Kryptonians had advanced the technology of hypercolor (early 90's t-shirt fad) to the next level! Depending on Superman's mood or body temperature his costume will change color!! (Please don't ask me what happens when he farts. This is a serious discussion.)
- We’ve seen the costume form around Clark Kent. Just like it forms around him, can sections of it disappear? Like if Superman had to take a pee, could he do it just by willing an opening in his costume?
The costume actually recycles urine a feces to power itself. So essentially Superman can crap himself and still save the day!
- Is the costume alive? Is it a symbiote like Spider-Man’s black costume?
The costume has an AI for superior to anything of Earthly origin. However, it still is not smart enough to solve the red underwear debate.
- Does some of Superman’s power reside in his costume? Is his costume what makes him invulnerable?
Superman's new costume does actually provide him with a NEW Superpower! Superman can now glow in the dark and shimmer and sparkle in the light!
- Tinkering with Superman’s costume is a unique thing–even though the WHOLE POINT is that nobody sees it, arguably the most enduring image many fans have of Superman is the shirt rip. Is that why you kept that visual beat in the issue, even though it arguably makes less sense?
Say what? Clark Kent will still rip his shirts because it allows him to take out his frustrations while at the Daily Planet
- Does he really go around with the costume set up as “Superman t-shirt” under white dress shirts all the time or did it just change that way before he ripped the shirt open?
Let Superman worry about the X-ray vision type stuff round here. It's not necessary to know what our heroes wear underneath their clothes. But if you must know, Superman wears briefs…..RED ONES…on the outside!!
Comments and Complaints in the usual spot. Thank you.